Monday, September 19, 2011

Frum Find The Place To Find All Things Frum (Blog): Larger List Yeshiva or Private Jewish Day Schools

Frum Find The Place To Find All Things Frum (Blog): Larger List Yeshiva or Private Jewish Day Schools: "Would I feel comfortable to send my daughter to a Yeshiva High School which offers "mixed" instruction in general studies? The answer is a definite no. So while I may have included both conservative Yeshiva High Schools as well as those offering "mixed" general studies classes, it is by no means my intent to state they are "frum".

Indeed while clearly our Rabbis have already concluded that the "conservative movement" may have been a "major setback" for Torah observance; it is not my place to likewise label schools that offer "mixed general studies" while still claiming orthodox status to be abything other than frum. I simply feel that after being in the Yeshiva system for 5 years in an "all girls school that 'was not" a Beis Yaakov school, yet did not offer mixed classes, that it would be be far from ideal if my daughter would now be "compelled to attend such a school" simply because a proper (non-mixed) Yeshiva High School could not be located."

No comments:

Post a Comment